What does the ULTIMATE Community Association look like? Is it some dreamy far off place that is on another planet? Or is it really something that is truly possible to create?
Is it the condo management company’s responsibility? Or is it the responsibility of the board of directors? What are the benefits of this? Why bother?
Let’s start by defining what the ULTIMATE community association looks like:
1. People love attending the board meetings and the meetings are productive(let’s face it, board meetings are the core of community association business)
2. The association has regular social events that people love to attend. (isn’t that the whole point of living within a community?)
3. All the homeowners/residents know each other and have great relationships (wouldn’t that be amazing)
4. The association is WELL funded and projects are addressed on a proactive basis (the association and the homeowners are all living from a place of abundance. WOW! )
6. People willingly volunteer to serve on committees such as landscaping, social and capital planning and support the board members (And they truly enjoy the experience)
7. People actually WANT to serve on the board of directors and homeowner’s see the positions as way to enhance their leadership skills (hard to believe yet totally possible)
8. The homeowners truly appreciate the efforts on behalf of the volunteer board members. There is a huge sense of gratitude among the community as a result of the efforts by ALL the board members.
9. People actually actively seek out certain communities because of how amazing the lifestyle and community is operated and this drives the real estate prices up
10. People don’t want to leave the community because of how wonderful it is living in the ULTIMATE community association
So I suggest that if you do in fact service on the board of directors of your community association, take a few moments and brainstorm on what YOUR ultimate community association looks like and get the other board members and homeowners to support the implementation of your vision.
SO start today and don’t delay.
Start creating the ULTIMATE community association within your community TODAY!
I can assure you that it will make your life and your association living experience a thousands times more fulfilling and enjoyable. And this WILL bring you MORE LIVING and LESS WORRYING. And who doesn’t want that!?
About the Author:
Salvatore J. Sciacca aka “Condoboss” is one of the nation’s leading experts in the community property management industry and is also recognized for his blogs and insight on personal and organizational transformation. He is also the President and Founder of Chicago Property Services, Chicago’s #1 community property management company specializing in management and operations of condos/townhomes/HOA’s of 100 units and under. Salvatore is also the founder of managmycommunity.com (MMC), which is a state-of-the-art online support portal for community associations.
With over 20 years of industry experience, Salvatore is recognized for his extensive knowledge of capital planning, preventative maintenance, cost-saving measures and community building techniques. He holds industry stature as a Certified Manager of Community Associations (CMCA), the designation of Association Management Specialist (AMS) and is fully licensed as a manager (License #: 261.001386) through the State of IL.
Salvatore can be reached at: 312.455.0107 x102 or at [email protected]
#moreliving #lessworrying #ladolcevita