10 Crucial Things Your Community Management Company SHOULD Be Doing
1. Statistics show there is high percentage of associations who plan their budget only one year in advance. Is your association part of that group?
2. Do your assessment amounts correlate correctly with the percent ownership stated in your latest version of governing documents?
3. Does your association have polices for things like collections, fines, noise violations or pet violations? If so, are they uniformly enforced?
4. Do you know the status of all open association issues such as maintenance work orders, violations, and pending homeowner sales?
5. Are you experiencing a lot of maintenance emergencies? Does your property look dilapidated? Are you worried about your resale value?
6. Are you in compliance with the IL laws such as the Condo Act or CICCA? Do you have access to properly approved meeting minutes? Are you satisfied with the quality?
7. Do you feel you have access to the proper training necessary to be effective as a board of director? Do you understand your duties and responsibilities thoroughly?
8. Are your unit owners running your board meetings? Do you feel like your board meetings are turning into town hall meetings? Do you feel like you are meeting excessively?
9. Most owners feel like they are in the dark on association matters. Do you have a communication policy for how owners are kept informed?
10. Are you getting a consistent level of management support that you need to successfully run the association? Are you feeling overwhelmed by the time commitment needed to serve on the board? Do you have an effective volunteer recruitment program?